Logitech Website Privacy Statement
Last updated: November 2022
This privacy notice explains how Logitech collects and uses personal data from visitors to its web and mobile sites that link directly to this notice (collectively “Sites”). Your personal data is controlled by Logitech Europe S.A. (collectively “Logitech”, ''We” and “Us”).
Actively Submitted Data
If you call us, send us an email, or fill out a form on one of our Sites, we use the information you provide to respond to your request or to otherwise communicate with you or assist you. If you make purchases through our Sites, we may collect data necessary to process your order, such as your shipping address, products ordered, and your contact information.
Passively Provided Data
When you access our Sites, depending on your opt-in choices, certain information about your computer or mobile device is shared with us, which may include the activities you perform on our Sites, the type of hardware and software you are using, (such as your operating system or browser), information stored in cookies, IP address, access times, the web pages from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web pages you access. We use this information to better understand the interests of the users of our Sites, to improve our Sites, services, and products.
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals in browsers as we are trying to provide a customized website experience.
Data use and sharing
We use the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we may use data to:
- provide the service or carry out the transactions at your request;
- improve and develop our products;
- personalize your experience;
- process job applications you submit through our Sites;
- advertise and market to you subject to applicable legal requirements, which may include sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
We do not sell your personal data.
We may share your personal data with third parties under certain circumstances. We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers that help us process personal data to deliver services and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. For example, service providers help deliver the following functions:
|Service Description||Data Provided||Purpose|
|Customer Support||Contact data, Inquiry data||To help troubleshoot and support products and services|
|E-Commerce Functionality||Contact data, Interactions with website||To facilitate sales of our products online|
|Promotions and Relevant News||Contact data, Cookie data||To provide information and incentives for our products and services|
|Website performance||Cookie data, Interactions with website||To enable functionality and features while on our websites|
|Cookie Opt-In Manager||Cookie data||To provide the ability to choose cookies to be allowed on our websites|
These companies are required to abide by our data protection and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to
- comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process;
- in an emergency, including to protect the safety of our employees or any person; or
- in connection with investigating or preventing fraud.
We may share your personal data for purposes of a business deal, or negotiation of a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture or partnership, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We also freely use and share aggregated and pseudonymous information for performance and analytics purposes that cannot be used to identify you individually.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information about persons under 13 years of age. If we learn that information about persons under 13 years of age has been collected on or through the Sites, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has registered for an account or service on our Sites, please contact us using the contact information below to have that child’s account or service terminated and personal information deleted.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide functionality and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, the context of our interactions with you or your use of our Sites, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
We use TLS certificates, encryption, data access limitations, anti-virus software, and firewalls to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to personal data. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is entirely secure. Be mindful of security risks when you transmit personal data to us and when you post information in our public forums.
If you would like to report any security issues in any of our products, please fill out the form and required attachments and send it to Logitech Security.
Controlling and accessing your information
You may request that we update or delete/deactivate certain information pertaining to you.
If we cannot remove some personal information, we will let you know why. If you have subscribed to marketing emails, you may stop the delivery by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received or at the subscription management page on our Site: https://www.logitech.com/subscribe.
You also have the right to request how your data is processed and with whom we share it.
Additionally, if you believe certain information Logitech processes about you is inaccurate, you have the right to have this information corrected.
We will endeavor to respond to your request to review the information we have on file for you within 30 days from receiving such request.
If you have questions, comments, or would like to make a request regarding your data or our Statement, past Statements, and data practices, please contact us at support.logitech.com/response-center or through the following methods:
Phone: +1 646-454-3200
Postal Mail: Logitech Privacy Officer, 7700 Gateway Blvd., Newark, CA 94560 USA
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your privacy complaint or dispute to the relevant state or national data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Special information for EU, UK and Swiss users
From May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of individuals in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information relating to EU users' rights and Logitech’s obligations under the GDPR. Personal data processed through the use of our Sites is controlled by Logitech Inc, 7700 Gateway Blvd., Newark, CA 94560 USA. The European Representative is Logitech Ireland Services Limited, City Gate Plaza Two, Mahon, Cork, Ireland.
Legal basis for processing
Logitech processes personal data relating to EU customers on one or more of the lawful bases specified in the GDPR.
- The processing is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you.
We need to process personal data relating to you in order to activate and register products, ensure products and services you use are working as they should, maintain and improve products, answer to questions and requests from you, and provide customer support.
- The processing is necessary for Logitech’s legitimate interests.
We process usage data to support website functionality, detect and prevent fraud; to protect and defend the rights or property of other customers or third parties, or our own rights and interests. We consider your rights and freedoms when doing so and de-identify personal data to the largest extent practicable. We may also process your personal data to meet regulatory requirements, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
- The processing is necessary to meet Logitech’s legal obligations.
We may need to process your personal data to comply with relevant EU or Member State laws.
Logitech processes some personal data based on consent. We often do this for our direct marketing communications. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions here https://www.logitech.com/subscribe.
Your rights and choices
If you are a Logitech customer within the EU, you have the rights described below with respect to Logitech’s processing of your personal data.
Right of access and explanation
- You have the right to receive an explanation of what data Logitech has about you and how it uses this data.
- You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data Logitech has about you.
Right of rectification
- If you believe certain information Logitech processes about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information corrected.
Right to erasure
- You have the right to request to have your data permanently deleted by Logitech.
Right to object
- You have the right to object to Logitech’s processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests on grounds relating to your particular situation. Logitech may continue to process your personal data notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR. You also have the right to object to Logitech's processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to request that Logitech restrict the processing of your personal data in certain situations where you feel the processing is inappropriate.
Right to portability
- You have the right to request portability of personal data that you have actively or passively provided to us (which does not include data derived or inferred from collected data), where the processing of such personal data is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
- You also have the right to file a complaint regarding Logitech’s processing of your personal data with the Data Protection Commission, the Irish Supervisory Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2
D02 RD28, Ireland
Phone: +353 57 8684800, +353 (0)761 104 800
- Where processing is based on consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time. Use of our Sites and our products as described in Logitech Privacy Statements is voluntary.
To invoke any of these rights, please fill out the form here. You may also contact us via phone, email, or postal mail by using the contact information below:
Phone: + 1-510 713 5556
Postal Mail: Logitech Privacy Office EMEA, Logitech Ireland Services Limited, City Gate Plaza Two, Mahon, Cork, Ireland
German users only: If you are a German user, you may contact Logitech’s Data Protection officer with any questions or concerns by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only transfer your personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA, on the basis of appropriate safeguards. When Logitech transfers data internationally we rely on i) Adequacy Decisions as adopted by the European Commission on the basis of Article 45 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), or ii) Standard Contractual Clauses as issued by the European Commission. These agreements are available upon request to email@example.com.